I love simple, easy to prepare meals, who doesn’t? Meals that only dirty one pot or pan are an added bonus because I do not adore doing dishes. I make a lot of slow-cooker or one tray freezer meals, because plan ahead recipes are awesome when you are as busy and absent minded as I can be. It’s just easier to make a list of meals to work with. When I don’t make lists and prepare meal ques we end up with grilled chicken, broccoli and rice. . . three days a week.
Some of the fastest, easiest meals I make are sheet pan suppers, you literally just toss your goodies onto a pan and throw it in the oven. For this recipe use your favorite sausages, I used an all natural pork sausage but chicken sausages or other Italian sausages can be used. Adjust quantities to suit your needs, this recipe is easily multiplied or divided. For each person go with about 2 sausages and a hand full of green beans.
Roasted Italian Sausages & Green Beans
- 4-6 Italian Sausages
- 2 pounds, Fresh Green Beans
- Italian Seasoning & up to 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 475°F.
- Line a sheet pan if desired.
- Toss green beans onto the pan and nest sausages onto the green beans.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Shake up the ingredients every now and then for even browning.
- Bake until the sausages are cooked through and the green beans are roasted but still crisp. Chicken sausages are pre-cooked usually so they will not need as long.
- Add a good pinch of Italian Seasoning and Parmesan cheese if desired. (You can broil the cheese for a few minutes if desired)
-Serve with tomato sauce & buttered noodles (or spaghetti squash), hot buttered rice, salad or whatever your favorite side might be.
Note: If you are using frozen sausages you don’t even need to thaw the sausages in advance. If they are frozen you bake them in the oven for 10-15 minutes before you roast the green beans. Once they thaw enough to be broken apart you pry them apart and cook them just until they start to thaw. For faster cooking you can cut them into bite sized pieces.