This dish is rich and creamy, slightly salty and sweet. I like to serve it at room temperature during the summer months. I’ve made this salad multiple ways in the past but this was my ending recipe favorite. I like the addition of shredded red cabbage, This is a great, kid friendly meatless supper or side. I’ve served these with Korean barbecue, egg rolls sometimes even dumplings, however it does stand on its own very well.
Peanut Noodle Salad:
- 1 8 ounce package of lo-mein noodles (cooked al dente)
- 2-3 cups shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup water (boiling)
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (Check labels to insure they are Gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons agave syru
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup peanuts, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Boil noodles according to package directions. Prepare sauce by pouring boiling water over the peanut butter and mixing until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and toss with cooked noodles. Once its somewhat cool toss with the shredded cabbage. You do not want to mix it while its too hot or the cabbage will bleed and your salad will turn purple. Toss with peanuts and sesame seeds reserving some for garnish.