You can never have too many recipes for spaghetti squash. If your eating a grain free diet or if your looking to integrate more produce into your life, spaghetti squash is a fantastic substitute to pasta. It’s not quite as satisfying as actual pasta of course but with a bit of time, I’ve actually grown to love spaghetti squash. The taste is fairly neutral and it’s highly adaptable.
This recipe has a simple blend of ghee, dry herbs and garlic. A generous sprinkle of Parmesan or a nice portion of Gruyere’ would only make it better! This recipe makes herb butter for about half of a squash. I LOVE garlic so this is a nice garlicky recipe, if you want it less mellow, use less, if you love that pop of yum, add more! For me variety is important and I love having small portions of things. This recipe can easily be multiplied to make enough for 1 or even 2 whole spaghetti squash depending on how many folks you are feeding.
Garlic and Herb Spaghetti Squash
- Half Of a Roasted Spaghetti Squash (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup Ghee or Butter Melted
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
+sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a small butter pot melt ghee or butter over medium-low heat.
- Add minced garlic (I use a micro plane and grate it), parsley, oregano, basil and salt and pepper.
- Heat the mixture for just a minute to two minutes to remove some of the bite of the raw garlic. It will smell of garlic when its about ready. Be sure not to burn the garlic!
- Remove from the heat.
- Mix in the spaghetti squash “noodles.” Gently toss it to combine.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm with your favorite cheese, herbs and pine nuts. Or exactly as it is. Simple and spectacular! I especially love this with grated sheeps milk cheese and lemon + pepper chicken or roasted shrimp. However it is whole 30 and paleo compliant written exactly as it is.
Note: Double the recipe for an entire squash.
Add fresh chopped parsley and other herbs if you have them available.