- 4 tortillas, standard sized about 9″ in diameter
- 4 teaspoons limburger cheese spread *see note
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of bacon cut into pieces
- 1 large apple peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (a little more or less is fine I used left over grilled chicken)
Prepare the chicken and apple filling by cooking the bacon in a medium skillet. Cook until the bacon is crisp and then remove it from the pan. Keep the drippings in the pan and cook the apple until its lightly browned, do not over cook the apples or they will be mush. Place the bacon and pre-cooked chicken to the pan and toss to combine. If you are not using the limburger cheese you will want to add salt about 1/2 teaspoon.
To assemble: smear 1 teaspoon of limburger cheese spread onto each tortilla. Place approximately 1/2 cup of cheese on one half of it. Top with 1/4 of the apple, bacon and chicken filling and fold the top over onto it creating a half circle.
To Bake or broil: Preheat oven to 400 degrees or set the broiler to high.
Place the quesadillas on a lightly greased baking sheet, you can use oil, butter or cooking spray. Bake on both sides 4-6 minutes watch them closely so you do not over brown them.
To pan fry. Place 2 teaspoons of oil or butter into a large skillet or cast iron pan over medium to medium high heat. Cook the quesadillas on both sides about 3-4 minutes, just until brown and the cheese has melted.
Note: If you absolutely do not want to use limburger try goat cheese or soft brie.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (you can use a little less for more of a pomegranate flavor)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional, to taste)
In a small sauce pot or medium sized microwave safe bowl combine pom juice, brown sugar, balsamic and hot sauce. Bring to a boil. Combine slurry into the mixture making sure not to leave any lumps. Microwave another 3-5 minutes or until thickened. If it becomes too thick you can dilute it with water or more pomegranate juice.
-This glaze would be stunning with any poultry or steak.